Written by Dan Brown
|20 Sure-Fire Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site|
1. Offer other web sites free content to post on their web site.Include your link on all of your content. The content shouldrelated to your web site because it will be in front of yourtarget audience.
2. When you visit a web site you've enjoyed a lot, write areview for the site. Write about the benefits you gain from theweb site. Tell them they can publish it on their web site ifthey link to your web site.
3. Allow other people to publish your e-zine on their web site.Include your web site's ad and link in each issue you publish.This may also help you increase the number of people thatsubscribe to your e-zine.
4. Market your web site as a free web book. Design your web sitewith a title page, table of contents, chapters, etc. Just allowother people to give away the web book by linking to your website.
5. Give your visitors an instant article directory. Tell yourvisitors they can instantly add a free article directory totheir web site by linking to yours. Just place your ad or bannerad on top of the article directory for your main web site.
6. Allow other web sites to use your discussion board for theirweb site visitors. Just have them link directly to thediscussion board. Include your web sites ad or banner ad at thetop of the discussion board.
7. Start a members only web site. Tell visitors what's in yourmembers only site and what it costs to gain access. Offer them afree membership if, in exchange, they link to your web site.
8. Offer your visitors a free sign up to your affiliate program.Pay them commission to sell your products or services. Just givethem an affiliate link to track their sales. People will link toyour web site to make extra money.
9. Create your own award site for other web sites. Give thewinners a graphic or text link to place on their web site whenthey win. This will link your web site to theirs and draw moretraffic to your web site.
10. Are you an expert on a particular subject? Offer people freeconsulting via e-mail if, in exchange, they either link to yoursite. People will consider this a huge value because consultingfees can be very expensive.
11. When you purchase a product and it exceeds your expectationse-mail the business a testimonial. Make sure your statement isdetailed. Give them permission to publish it on their web siteif they link to your site.
12. Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic. Givepeople the option of adding the directory to their web site bylinking to it. Put your business ad at the top of thedirectory's home page.
13. Exchange content with other web sites. You could tradearticles, top ten lists, etc. Both parties could include aresource box at the end of the content.
14. Allow people to download software at no charge from your website, if they link to your web site. The software could befreeware, shareware or demos.
15. Trade other forms of advertising to people that link to yourweb site. You could trade e-zine ads, print ads, autoresponderads, classified ads, ebook ads, etc.
16. Give away web space to people for free. Since you are givingit away for free, request they link to your site by placing yourad or banner to the site.
17. Join or create a web ring. A web ring is a group of websites on a similar subject agreeing to link together. To find aweb ring to join type keywords "web rings" into your searchengine of choice.
18. Create an online club or association. Tell your visitorswhat's included in the membership and what it costs to join.Offer them a free membership if, in exchange, they link to yourweb site.
19. Allow people to use an online service or utilities from yourweb site if, in exchange, they link to your web site. The onlineservice could be an e-mail account, search engine submission,web page design, copywriting, proofreading, etc.
20. Offer a free e-book to your web site visitors. The ebookshould be related to your target audience. Allow them to givethe e-book to their own web site visitors by linking directly toyour web site
|< Prev||Next >|
- James Anderso -